Chimney Relining and Repair
Chimney Relining or Repair that Won’t Cost You the Earth
Clay Liners are used for chimneys serving heating appliances using solid fuel including wood, peat, coal, gas and oil with a working temperature of up to 600°C. They can also withstand a soot fire of around 1000 °C – Chimney fires can reach temperatures of 1200 °C that is why most chimney fires result in cracked liners.
Stainless Steel Flexible Liner turns blue at 900°C causing the chemical make up of Chromium Carbide to migrate. Chromium Carbide is the compound that gives stainless steel its anti corrosive properties. After this the stainless steel will rust and corrode causing the liner to fail. Stainless steel should be replaced after a chimney fire. Most liners will only have a 10 year guarantee regardless of having a chimney fire or not.
Why Thermocrete Chimney Relining?
- Cast in Place Chimney Relinings are centred in the flue using specially designed spacers to keep the former off the chimney walls and assures complete coverage throughout the chimney
- Cast in Place Chimney Relinings provide structural strength to deteriorated or cracked casings, fills open joints, seals crumbling mortar.
- For Fireplaces – Cast in Place Chimney Relining will also seal the fireplace smoke chamber, protecting the flue for its entire length, this makes an air tight connection between the liner and smoke chamber because they become one single casting
- Pumped Masonry Cast in Place Lining experiences minimal expansion and contraction from flue heat. Also smoke chamber and flue are of the same material.
- Pumped Masonry Castings have been tested to withstand temperatures in excess of 1300°C
Need your Chimney Relined or Repaired? We assure you of…
• Very competitive prices
Call now on 087 9595323 and book your chimney relining today
Chimney relining is one of the most practical and cost effective ways to repair deteriorated or damaged chimneys. While Chimneys can be damaged by numerous things such as strong winds and lightening, the most common form of chimney damage is a chimney fire.
If your chimney has been cracked or damaged, dangerous flu gases can enter into living space which can have potentially dangerous (and sometimes fatal) consequences.
Kerry Chimney and Boiler Services have many years of experience in chimney relining, allowing for a fast and dependable chimney relining service, at a very affordable price. Call now on 087 9595323 or request a free call back here to discuss your chimney relining needs.
Why Should a Chimney be Relined?
- To save money on your ongoing heating bills by ensuring maximum efficiency when you’re having a new stove or oil/gas burner installed.
- To keep your family and your home safe when cracked or broken liners that may leak fumes or smoke are discovered.
- For peace of mind that the smoke and fumes are being removed from your fire as efficiently as possible, with minimum risk of carbon monoxide seeping into the rooms of your home.
- To prevent chimney fires caused by the build-up of creosote.
- To upgrade an old chimney which may have been built without a liner.
- If your chimney has settled but is tipping away from the house
Call today to discuss your chimney relining needs. We promise a very competitive price with minimum disruption to your home.
Call us on 087 95 95 323 we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Suitable for upgrading old unlined chimneys to modern standards.
Also for relining chimneys which have sustained major damage due to fires etc.
Suitable for clay lined chimney repair.
- NO FLEXI LINER REQUIRED
- NO BREAKING THROUGH WALLS
- NO PLASTERING INTERNAL WALLS REQUIRED AFTER REPAIR
- NO PAINTING AND DECORATING REQUIRED AFTER REPAIR
- THE NO STRESS, NO MESS CHIMNEY REPAIR!!!
- 25 YEAR GUARANTEE!!